M365 Business Voice is a powerful and flexible telephone system for small and medium organisations. It replaces traditional telephony providers and in-house phone systems that can be difficult and costly to manage.
Cloud-based calling features enable organisations to unify their communications and integrate seamlessly within the Microsoft 365 ecosystem. Bring all your communications and collaboration tools together so that your teams can benefit from several different functions in one place.
Set up toll and toll-free numbers, call menus to help callers get to the right department and audio conferencing to host meetings with anyone. Give individual team members their own phone numbers so they can make and receive calls directly.
Microsoft makes sure that the platform works in any standard office environment. Further, because the phone system is a part of Microsoft Teams (Teams), you can turn any PC, Mac, or mobile device into a phone using your Business Voice phone number.
What does it give you?
- Domestic and international call plans
- Individual numbers for users
- Auto-attendants and call queues which can also have numbers
- Call forwarding
- Auto attendant/call queue transfer to shared voicemail
- Music on hold
Teams has become the inter-office communications backbone for many businesses. Moving to the cloud for your telephony is ideal for businesses with multiple sites and remote or mobile workers. Delivered from Microsoft’s trusted cloud, M365 Business Voice will keep your business running smoothly and securely with an enterprise-grade phone system.
M365 Business Voice delivers all the features you need from a small business VoIP solution including:
Like the rest of O365, once M365 Business Voice is set up, it’s simple to manage. Set-up itself can be a bit more complex, depending on your business requirements, but Compete366’s technical consultants are there to help you.
What does it cost?
- Microsoft Business Voice offers flexible pricing options, affordable for all sizes of business.
- It helps you save on expensive hardware as you don’t need existing telephony set up or phone lines.
- If you’re already using O365, then M365 Business Voice is just an add-on license, licensed per user, per month. You don’t need to worry about choosing the right plan or feature; they’re all there and set up for you.
- With no contractual commitment, it means that you can scale up and down as you like. If not, you just have to license those users that need a phone number, with a minimum of one user.
- The simplest option by far is to use the M365 Business Voice license which includes the call plan, then all you need is an internet connection. You can still use existing SIP trunks and pay for your call time separately if you wish.
How does it work?
- Port existing phone numbers over or obtain new ones.
- Use the same number across your computer, mobile device and desk phone.
- Initiate a call or Teams conference in a single click as needed.
- Transfer calls to multiple sites easily and cost-effectively with one system.
- Implement call schedules in minutes as Teams enables you to connect your Outlook contacts and calendar.
- Collaborate with colleagues during calls and Teams meetings using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Integrate with your company CRM and corporate directory.
For companies already using Teams, price and ease of use make M365 Business Voice the ideal choice.
There’s no need to use a phone, unless you want to use a Teams compatible IP phone, as the Teams client becomes your soft-phone. This can be installed on your PC, Mac, iPhone or Android phone. The telephony experience for your users is the same whether they’re in the office, at home or travelling on business.
If you need to change settings, for example, an urgent redirection or greeting, you’re able to do it in-house through the Teams admin centre. This means you’re no longer beholden to your supplier and completely in control of your telephony.
Read our recent Case Study which explains how we provided expert Business Voice advice to CDS — helping them to save over 60% in costs compared to other telephony solutions.
If you’d like to discuss M365 Business Voice capabilities and licensing options, then please contact us for a free discussion with one of our certified M365 technical consultants.